HOME > Characteristics of paulownia wooden boxes
It is one of the causes of global warming that
we cut down timber difficult to grow again
in foreign countries because it tends to
prefer to use cheap materials. Paulownia wood
is a recyclable resource and earth-friendly.
It could help to prevent the impact of global warming
spreading in the world today. Paulownia wood
has been used in several ways in our life since
ancient days. It is because people could make use
of the feature of paulownia wood well.
- Paulownia contains ingredients that repel insects
(paulownin, sesamin, etc.).
For this insect-proofing property, a paulownia box is best
suited to keep clothes, art works, jewelries, etc.
- Paulownia wood contains a large amount of tannin
(a highly anti-corrosive ingredient).
Tannin makes the paulownia
woodcorrosive-resistant in the humid climate of Japan, inhibits the growth of mosses and bacteria
and renders durability that lasts many years.
- Paulownia wood is the lightest domestic wood.
If a box needs to be made, a paulownia box is lighter and more conveniently portable.
- Dried paulownia wood hardly shrinks. It provides an airtight product.
Paulownia products shut out the air from its inner space and are not affected by the
climate such as temperature and humidity.
- The effect to maintain a constant humidity is a capacity to adjust a difference between high humidity
and low humidity by absorbing and releasing moisture.
This capacity is considered to be higher in a material that is softer and has a smaller specific gravity.
Maintaining a constant humidity is an important condition to store an item.
- Paulownia is flame retardant and almost smoke free.
For this characteristics, it has been used as hibachi charcoal brazier, candle stand, flatiron or ash for
pocket hand warmers. Paulownia has a non-heat conductive structure and hardly cracks when heated.
It is often said that clothes stored in a paulownia chest drawer were safe even if left in a fire.
- The Imperial House also uses them.
- Paulownia wood has been found itself holy, and it has been used by the Imperial House and the governments as crests.
- We apply the Uzukuri method using Chinese wax which exaggerates the particular beauty of Paulownia wood.
- The Paulownia wooden box itself is traditional crafts.
- Paulownia wooden boxes are supporting parts to protect contents (and emphasize more),
however, they are also traditional crafts.
(according to an article on Sankei Newspaper)
- They have influences on emphasizing the high quality of contents as the newspaper says.
The presence and well quality of paper and plastic boxes can not be compared with them of paulownia wooden boxes even they get decorated; moreover, those boxes normally get more attention at their body by decorating more. However, the big difference between them and paulownia wooden boxes is that paulownia wooden boxes appeal the presence of themselves, also improve the quality and value of contents.
- Distinguishes the beauty of quality glasses
- used as a wine box
- Modern impression of a paulownia wooden box with a mark of Japanese crane